Found on whfoods dot com
Green beans are a rich source of vitamin K, C, and A, as well as health-promoting carotenoid phytonutrients such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. And one cup contains only 44 calories— great reasons to enjoy this easy-to-prepare recipe as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Prep and Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 TBS extra vigin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBS goat cheese
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- 4-5 drops tamari soy sauce
- 1 TBS sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 TBS roasted red bell peppers
- 1 TBS chopped basil
- Chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out its health promoting properties.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer pot with 2 inches of watger.
- While steam is building up in steamer, cut ends off green beans.
- steam for 5 minutes. A fork should pierce through them easily when they are done.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss green beans with the remaiing ingredients while they are sill hot.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To mellow the flavor of the garlic, add garlic to green beans for the last 2 minutes of steaming.